There are different types of car seats which are available in the market today. Ranging from a leather car seat to a clothing option there is so much to research. Various eye-appealing designs and material is available to beautify the interiors of your car. But the point here is how many of us actually take care of the seating once it has been installed, be it a leather seat or any other option. A few indeed, because none of us bothers to get it dry cleaned or washed once they have been fit in the car.
Let’s relate the car engine to the stomach, sounds familiar? Yes indeed, the car’s engine works quite similar as a human’s stomach. You feed your stomach with food so that you don’t starve and remain active. The same way the car engine needs oil so that it can run smoothly and doesn’t bother you while driving. It is a vital and important unit of the car which many of us don’t bother to look at and ignore it. The engine needs to be maintained properly and needs to be analyzed frequently to keep it running. To avoid any vulnerable situations, it is important to regularly check your engine.
Whether it is the monsoons, summers or winters skidding can be avoided easily regardless of the season you are driving the car. More than 60% of the cars in India are not serviced on time or maybe have not had a routine check-up. This is because either you skip your routine check-up of the car and delay it by another month which in turn gets delayed further. Also it has been noticed that people who get their routine check-up done or get the car serviced on time still fail to concentrate on the main parts of the car which are the wheels and the brakes.
The monsoon season is delayed this time but the question here is- are you prepared? This means have you prepared your Hyundai car for the upcoming rainy season.
In case you still have not prepared yourself or are still in a worry on what to do so that you could protect your car from this upcoming rains here are some tips/guidelines which could be useful:
- Always top-up your wiper fluid. Mix a little soap water in it so that once you use the wiper and the fluid together, the glass is clean and you are able to see through clearly.
- Check for the wiper rubbers. The rubbers work most efficient when they are not worn out. In case the rubbers are slightly worn out, replace them with new ones. Worn out rubbers create scratches on the wind shield and also will never work efficiently in monsoons.
- Get your tyres checked. Always keep the tyres filled with sufficient air and also get all the four wheels aligned properly. In case any tyre is worn out and you are not planning to change it immediately, though it is recommended, still try not to keep it in both the front wheels. There are chances of the tyres skidding and causing an accident.
- The foot mats always play an important role in monsoons. In case you have the cloth mats, kindly get it replaced by the rubber mats. The cloth mats would soak up the water and great an unbearable odour inside the car. Also the rubber mats are much more easy to use and clean as compared to the cloth foot mats.
- The headlights should be in perfect condition. In case any of your headlight or taillights are not working, get them fixed as soon as possible before the monsoon. The lights play a major role once you are driving in monsoon. It is easier for the others to locate the car in front of them in case it is pouring. The visibility reduces at the time of heavy rains leading to several accidents.
- Always watch for pot holes and roads which are worn out. The chances of damaging your car in monsoons is the maximum because most of them are filled with water and you may not notice the pot holes /man holes and fall into trouble.
- Never take your car on a road which is flooded with water. 90% times once the car is inside the water, it is borne to be stuck because the water gets filled in the sensors which in turn will stop your car automatically and you will be able to do nothing.
- Get your brakes checked thoroughly. It takes more time to come to a complete stop in the rainy season as compared to the normal times. The brakes pads and the brake drum should be checked properly. In case the brake pads are not in a good shape, get them replaced.
Do you think the monsoons have impacted your Hyundai car’s performance?
Have you ever imagined of not washing yourself; I am sure it would be a nightmare for maximum of us if there is no option of taking a bath. Though the frequency of getting the car washed is much lesser to taking a bath but still these needs to be done timely.